Steve Art Gallery LLC
USA Oil Painting Reproduction

 
 


Painting ID::  77647
Portrat eines Knaben mit blondem Haar
Date ca. 1516(1516) Medium Deutsch: Tempera auf Holz Dimensions 33.5 ?? 27 cm (13.2 ?? 10.6 in) cyf

Ambrosius Holbein Portrat eines Knaben mit blondem Haar oil painting reproduction


   
 

 

 
   
      

Ambrosius Holbein
1494-1519 German Ambrosius Holbein Gallery Ambrosius Holbein (c. 1494 ?C c. 1519) was a German and Swiss artist in painting, drawing and printmaking. He was the elder brother, by about three years, of Hans Holbein the Younger and like his brother was born in Augsburg (which today is in Bavaria, but then was a free imperial city), a center of art, culture and trade at that time. His father Hans Holbein the Elder was a pioneer and leader in the transformation of German art from the Gothic to the Renaissance style. In his studio both his sons, Ambrosius and Hans, received their first painting lessons as well as the an introduction to the crafts of the goldsmith, jeweller and printmaker. Portrait of a Boy with Blond Hair, 1516, BaselIn 1515 Ambrosius lived in the Swiss town of Stein am Rhein, where he helped a Schaffhausen painter named Thomas Schmid with the murals in the main hall of the St George monastery. The next year saw Ambrosius, as well as his brother Hans, in Basel, where he initially worked as a journeyman in Hans Herbster??s studio. In 1517 he was enrolled in a register of the Basel painters' guild and in 1518 he was naturalized as a citizen there. The Portrait of a Boy with Blond Hair and its companion, the Portrait of a Boy with Brown Hair, are among Ambrosius?? best works of this period. Both are nowadays in the Basel Kunstmuseum. Ambrosius Holbein ranks among the most important of Basel??s illustrators and prominent „small formats?? artists.
Portrat eines Knaben mit blondem Haar
Date ca. 1516(1516) Medium Deutsch: Tempera auf Holz Dimensions 33.5 ?? 27 cm (13.2 ?? 10.6 in) cyf

Related Paintings::.
| The Preaching of Saint John the Baptist | A View of the Cuttera built by Jaffer Cawn at Muxadavad | Im Garten der Villa Medici in Rom |


        
 
   
 

IntoFineArt Co,.Ltd.