German painter, Bavarian school (b. 1680, Wessobrun, d. 1758, Menchen).
Painter and stuccoist. Much of his early stuccowork and frescoes, such as that in the choir of Gosseltshausen parish church (1701) and the refectories of the abbeys at Tegernsee, Weyarn and Beyharting (before 1710), has been destroyed. His earliest surviving stuccowork (1707-9) is in the pilgrimage church of Maria Schnee, near Markt Rettenbach, and reveals the influences of Johann Schmuzer from Wessobrunn and an Italian stucco workshop that practised in Tegernsee.